The PVCM25D-MPTLi charge controller is only compatible with the factory installed displays (SEDM4-25) and the SEDM6-25.
The PVCM25D-MPTLi controller is a drop in replacement for the two stage PVCM25D controller.
If you’re ready to update your trailer’s solar charge controller to smart 6 stage charging, here is a drop in replacement that keeps the factory look. You can use the original display or upgrade to SEDM6-25.
The 25 Amp solar charge module with Multi Point Tracking (MPT) controller (PVCM25D-MPTLi) is a rugged inline solar charge controller. It uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to control the solar charge current. The controller delivers the maximum charging rates throughout each of the charging stages and connects between your 12VDC storage batteries. It is Ideal for RV’s, motor homes, trailers and off-grid applications such as small cabin sites. The charge controller is now programmed to use Lithium batteries along with Flooded Led Acid (wet) batteries(s), Lifeline AGM battery(s), and other brands of AGM battery(s).
The PVCM25D-MPTLi is fully encapsulated and can operate in the wide temperature ranges and harsh environments. It is a micro-processer based, solar charge controller with temperature compensation that is used for AGM, LiFePO4 or flooded batteries. It automatically charges your battery to 100% and keeps the battery in float stage. If your battery gets to low, it goes into Automatic Boost Mode keeping your batteries full and extending the life of your batteries.
The PVCM25D-MPTLi micro-processor based solar charge controller connects between the solar panels and the storage battery(s). It performs 7 basic functions:
- It monitors the solar panel voltage to know when it has enough to start charging the battery(s) and when to stop charging due to end of day.
- It monitors the battery voltage to know if to enter a soft charge (battery voltage below 10.5VDC or enter the bulk charge routine, when to enter the absorption and float routines
- It adjusts the PWM charge algorithms based on varying load and solar conditions to maintain the maximum charging rates.
- It checks the available solar charge voltage every second to make sure there is sufficient voltage available. If not, it suspends the charging routine until the solar voltage increase or it drop below 5VDC which it then enters night or end of day routine.
- It compensates for battery temperature and adjusts the charge thresholds voltages when mounted in the battery area.
- It accepts the battery top-off command signal from the SEDM6-25 display to enter a charge routine to top off the battery(s).
- On power up it checks its battery type dip switch and sets to correct routine for that battery type.
WARNING: Metal shavings left in the wall during install will cause damage to the display and will no longer be covered under warranty.